Dutch films at Berwick
September 5, 2013
Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival is an international celebration of the art of film, set in the border between England and Scotland, and facing the North Sea. This year the Festival curates a North by Northeast theme, exploring Berwick's "Northernness" and relationship to its neighbours around the North Sea rim - including to the Netherlands. The Festival takes place September 25 – 29 September and will transform the town of Berwick-upon-Teed into one big cinema screen through film premieres, site-specific installations and live events in locations across Berwick and along the town walls.
This year’s programme of films and moving image art from the Netherlands includes:
- The UK Premiere of Nation for Two by Chaja Hertog & Nir Nadler, to be presented as an installation in an underground icehouse;
- The UK Premiere of Simone Bennett’s Motor, which screens in competition for the Inntravel Award for Best Short Film;
- A special screening of the award-winning family film Kauwboy by Boudewijn Koole, to be presented by the Festival’s youth programming team;
- The English Premiere of Dutch comedy feature film The Deflowering of Eva Van End by Michiel ten Horn;
- The World Premiere of a triptych called Etcetera, by Netherlands-based artist Styrmir Orn Gudmondsson;
- A presentation of the stunning Netherlands-Belgian co-production The Fifth Season by Peter Brosens & Jessica Woodworth.
Artists Simone Bennett and Styrmir Orn Gudmondsson will travel to Berwick from the Netherlands to attend the presentations of their work at Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival.
For more information: www.berwickfilm-artsfest.com